Plenty of fight left in Kiwi all-rounder Oram!

Wellington: Jacob Oram, a veteran of 141 one-day internationals for New Zealand, has brushed off his anonymous hecklers and has offered some wry humour by way of a response.

"I like to think that that comes from a place of caring and they view me as something special and they want me to be part of the team, so their anger is a form of saying, `we want you back in the side, Jake``. I know that`s not true, they probably do think I``m soft," stuff.co.nz quoted Oram, as saying.

"I won`t lie, I hear, see and read some of that talk, but I try to steer clear of it because it does piss you off and wears you down after a while. I know my team-mates, family and friends, the people I confide in, believe in me and that`s what matters," he added.

Those team-mates gave Oram a glowing welcome back at their Wellington hotel yesterday as the chosen 15 assembled, and met their new bowling coach, Allan Donald, ahead of today`s first training under Donald and John Wright.

"There was relief and satisfaction; it was five months since the surgery and all the hours of rehab and pain were worth it. Now it`s the hard stuff, to actually perform and do well for New Zealand," Oram said. For a man who had New Zealand fans marvelling in 2007 when he bludgeoned 101 from 72 balls against Australia in Perth, Oram`s batting is a shadow of its former self.

His frustration with his batting form is clear; he was fined 400 dollars this week for showing dissent and inappropriate language after being given out last Sunday. !
Oram describes suggestions he could bat at eight for New Zealand as "generous". He knows No.9 will probably be his spot, where it`s generally swing from the hip, or bust.

"That [batting demotion] was tough to swallow when it first happened but I``d do anything to go to the World Cup. That``s my role now and I`m happy with it."

ANI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huge win for Punya Nagri in inter-media T20 tournament

The Ashes: Australia women v England women, first Test, day one report

Will Sourav Ganguly play for Kochi?